February 29, 2016

[Sponsored] Lens review: TheDollyEye Rosy Rosa Blue

Hi there sweeties!

It's time for a circle lens review, wohoo! Today I'm gonna be reviewing the TheDollyEye Rosy Rosa Blue lenses that the ever-so-wonderful LensVillage sponsored me! Their store is currently closed for upgrading but they'll hopefully be back soon so don't worry ~

This review is all 100% my genuine opinion and that's because I value being honest to all my readers. Always.

Discount code "SAMURAI15" cuts 15% OFF on your purchase from LensVillage!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.8 mm
Water content: 38%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


Okay so, I must admit that when these lenses arrived I was surprised by how beautiful they were – on the stock photo they appeared so dark and too cluttered, at least for my taste. But yeah, when I got these babies in my hands the blue color was so much prettier than I had expected and the design instantly reminded me of a magical frozen forest! *u* It's seriously lovely – I don't regret at all that I picked this pair!

One lens in.
Once I put the lenses in my first thought was that they appeared very dark – like a very dark blue. Then again, that was to be expected because of the highly patterned design on them; the black details darken the blue base color and makes it appear as if you had black lenses, in poorer lights especially. So yeah, in well-lit places the lenses look dark blue but in insufficient lights (or from a distance) they tend to look black.
I was kinda hoping that the blue color would be lighter and/or show up more but yeah, it's nice like this too. They would have been absolutely stunning with a more vibrant blue though, oh lord... *_*

Lens photos incoming!
All photos taken by me during a February morning with a semi-clear sky.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Facing window in my apartment.
Facing window and the sun, directly.
Bathroom light.
Flash photo.
White corridor light.
Yellow corridor light.
Outdoors facing sun.
Outdoors with my back against the sun.
Outdoors standing under the roof/shadow, back against sun.
Indoors in a storage room. (natural light)
I don't think that these lenses are especially huge in terms of enlargement; I was expecting them to be bigger since they are a 14.8 mm lens. Because they are so dark though they do give at least my light eyes the illusion that they are bigger. The Rosy Rosa Blue gives me a dark-eyed doll-like look – it's pretty cool actually!

I need to say though that these lenses are super comfortable for me! As soon as I put them in I barely felt them at all. I wore them for 5,5 hours and didn't have any kind of discomfort whatsoever – no itchiness, no tearing eyes, nothing! I could easily have worn them for longer than 5,5 hours but that's when I felt the first signs of dryness so I decided to take them out – they did very well. Thumbs up!
I really value comfort because it's a big factor for how often –and how likely– I am to use the lenses. I'm always pleased to find a pair that doesn't feel uncomfortable to wear on my seemingly sensitive and/or dry eyes.

Distance photo!


I went for an army-themed look since the lens design reminded me of a frozen forest and that, in turn, reminded me of the Finnish Winter War ~

Please use my discount code "SAMURAI15" to get 15% OFF on your purchase from LensVillage!

Short summary:

Color: 5/10
A very dark dark blue, tends to appear black in poorer lights or from a distance. 
Design: 8/10
Beautifully intricate print! My first impression was that it looked like a snowy frozen forest ~
Opacity: 9/10
Opaque on my light eyes at least. They hide my real eye color well, save for the most inner part of the pupil. (which, by the way, rarely is covered completely by any circle lenses anyway)
Enlargement: 6/10
Not really big but I think that the blackness gives an illusion that they are bigger.
Comfort: 9/10
Really comfortable. I don't feel that I have them on and I could wear them 5,5 hours no problem! Could have worn them longer too, if needed.
Naturalness: 1/10
These don't look natural on light-eyed people like me. They make my eyes look like dark doll eyes.

Thanks for reading! I hope you liked this review! ^u^
Thank you to my dear sponsor, LensVillage! ♡
Shiro Samurai out ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!