October 30, 2017

Lens review: Angelic Eye Mesmerize Green

Hello ~

Here comes my review for the Angelic Eye Mesmerize Green circle lenses! I must admit that I had high hopes for these lenses so now let's see how they tallied up!



Base curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.5 mm
Water content: 45%
Life span: 1 year (I recommend 6 months)


I've said it before on other reviews but I've taken the habit, by now, to always mention if I think that a particular circle lens might be exclusive to a certain online store and in this case I do think that the Angelic Eye brand might only be found at HoneyColor – or at least that's the only place I've ever seen them in. So yeah, there you go if you want these in your collection.

I originally bought these lenses almost exclusively for the rather... mesmerizing design, lol. And also I couldn't find any reviews on these and someone's gotta be first! :D I was really hoping for this kind of almost magical and crystal-like effect combined with a bright color and I guess I, sort of, got what I wanted? The color doesn't 'pop' as much as I wished but there's this gorgeous halo effect instead that comes from the lenses being quite transparent in their coloring. Oh and yeah, speaking of color
– if you look closer on the print of the lenses you'll notice that it's not only green in there but also some yellow pixels; it's a pretty small detail but it does add up to the color appearing to have more depth and naturalness to it as it's not just a single color lens.

One lens in.
I have naturally light blue-gray eyes, but there is this slight tint of green that seems to come out in specific light conditions... or if I wear green lenses like this. I'm happy to notice that the color, despite not being super pigmented or anything, doesn't seem to turn this ugly muddy color in poorer lights as green lenses tend to do for me.

The size is generous and I must say that this is the kind of lens design and size combination that looks really alien on my eyes without any kind of makeup to balance it out. xD I do see these first-hand as a fashion lens but I guess they would be suitable for cosplay too, assuming that color intensity is not on your priority list. Anyone looking for a lens with decent color and a mesmerizing (hurr durr) halo effect will be pleased.

Lens photos ahead!
All photos taken by me during an October afternoon on which the sun was visible but covered by a veil of clouds.
There's no color filters or such on the close-up photos and that's so that the colors would be as true to real life as possible.


Bathroom light.
Yellowish light in my apartment.
In my apartment, only natural light.
Flash photo.
Facing a window, not sun side.
Outdoors, facing the sun hidden under the veil of clouds.
Outdoors, back against the sun.
I guess in the end I sort of like these lenses but there's that part of me who wishes that the color would be more intense because, as it is now, while pretty up close the color becomes hard to notice from a distance – which limits its use as a cosplay lens, sadly. I do love how alluring and almost ethereal the Angelic Eye Mesmerize Greens look otherwise and yeah, all thumbs up for how well these play for any kind of mysterical fashion (goth etc) setup!

And the comfort, while okay considering my horribly dry eyes, it could still be better – it's 2 hours and then I need to take them out because they dry the shit out of my eyes. I feel them when I move my gaze around (it's not hurting or anything) but at least they do not blur my vision or feel scratchy etc. I do need to mention though that my comfort grade might very well be off the charts as I almost forgot about these lenses and only got to open them from their little glass bottles one month before their expiry date so yeah, take my words with a grain of salt as my comfort experience might not be fair nor accurate. Also, everyone's eyes are different and I happen to be gifted not with these über-dry and sensitive eyes which means that for me to give a high grade in comfort a lens needs to be like god tier or something, lol. I judge by my own eyes (and so does everyone else) so always keep that in mind when checking out contact lens reviews by other people. :)

Distance photos!



Curious about Angelic Eye Mesmerize lenses but in other colors?
Check out this review: Blue

Short summary:

Color: 6/10
Pleasant green color that appears quite natural. Sadly not very visible from a distance.
Design: 7/10
Magical crystal-like design that creates this alluring 'halo effect', really nice!
Opacity: 5/10
Definitely looks green but the pigment density is sparse and thus there's quite some transparency.
Enlargement: 7/10
Big and dolly eyes. Might look potentially weird without makeup – or at least it does for me, lmao.
Comfort: 3/10
2 hours on my dry eyes. My grading might be inaccurate because I almost forgot about these lenses and only opened them one month before expiry date.
Naturalness: 6/10
Apart from the size and the fancy design they look passable. The color is quite realistic and the way it blends is a nice feat.

Thanks for reading!
Shiro Samurai out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Consider dropping me a comment if you enjoyed this post. (´∀`○)
Maybe you got inspired, learned something new or you have some other things you want to tell me? Don't hesitate if you have something to say – I'd love to hear from you!